Welcome to the Ashlawn PTA!
Giving time to help at your children’s school is a wonderful gift for your child(ren). Your gift also sets a great example of a generous, giving spirit for all children. Studies suggest that when parents are involved in students’ education and school activities, those students generally have higher grades and test scores, consistent homework completion, higher attendance records, all leading to successful results later in life. Overall, volunteering has a positive effect on your child, yourself and your school community. Please let us know how you would like to be involved at Ashlawn!
With Ashlawn Pride,
Breonna McClain, Principal
Danielle Blanchard, PTA President
Why Join PTA?
Enjoy the Benefits!! The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help Ashlawn. But there are many more advantages. Here are just a few:
- Get Connected. There is no better way to know what is happening Ashlawn. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Discover Great Resources.Tap into a Network. Parenting is not easy-it helps to share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. By volunteering with Ashlawn’s PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause-your child and all children in the community.
- Watch Yourself Grow. Speak Up. Because the PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at Ashlawn you will be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Our PTA plays an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events-all vital to a school’s success.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you will be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.