BIKE AND WALK TO SCHOOL DAY
Wednesday, October 4th is International Walk to School Day!!! (Rain date: October 11th). Please join Ashlawn, Arlington County Schools, and people around the world in celebrating the many benefits of walking and bicycling to school!
- Just walk, bike, or scooter to school
- Wear red to show school spirit
- Meet at 8:35 am on the basketball court behind Ashlawn for the RALLY!
- If you’d like to bike/walk in a group with other Ashlawn students and parents, you can join one of the walking groups
- Dominion Hills – N. Liberty and 9th St. N at 8:25 am
- Boulevard Manor 1 – N. Manchester and 4th St. N. at 8:25 am
- Boulevard Manor 2 -Spy Hill – N. Liberty and 2nd St. N. (aka “the top of the blacktop path”) at 8:20 am or N. Montague and 5th St. N. (aka “the bottom of the blacktop path”) at 8:25 am
- Boulevard Manor 3 – N. Madison and N. Livingston at 8:20 am
- Volunteers needed – If you (and your kids!) would like to help hand out stickers at the rally please contact email@example.com (or just show up and help!)
- Rain date is Wednesday, October 11th
Why Walk and Bike School?
- Helps keep children heart-healthy, strong and fit
- Improves concentration ability, helping students focus better in school
- Boosts mood, helping children arrive to school feeling happier and calmer
- Helps make the air cleaner by reducing the number of cars on the road
- Reduces traffic congestion and parking problems around our school
- Provides time to talk with parents and friends on the way to school
- And… it’s fun!!!