BIKE & WALK TO SCHOOL DAY
Wednesday, May 9th is National Bike (and Walk) to School Day!!! Please join Ashlawn, Arlington County Schools, and people across the nation in celebrating the many benefits of biking (and walking) to school!!!
- Just bike, walk, or scooter to school.
- Wear red to show school spirit!
- Meet at 8:35am on the basketball court behind Ashlawn for the RALLY! Don’t be late!!! The rally starts at 8:35am.
- Make it even more fun by organizing with friends and neighbors to walk together in a group!
- Rain date is Wednesday, May 16th!
Why Bike and Walk School?
- Helps keep children heart-healthy, strong and fit.
- Improves concentration ability, helping students focus better in school.
- Boosts mood, helping children arrive to school feeling calmer and happier.
- Helps make the air cleaner by reducing the number of cars on the road.
- Reduces traffic congestion and parking problems around our school.
- Provides time to talk with parents and friends on the way to school.
- And… it’s fun!!!